Top 5 Reasons to Invest in Digital Gold
Gold has been one of the most favorite investment options for most Indians. And this is not without any solid reason. In the last three years only, the price of gold has gone up by more than 50%. Indians invest in gold to hedge themselves against inflation. However, in earlier days, people used to invest in physical gold. But in recent times, due to several reasons, there is a trend shift from buying physical gold to digital gold.
Why Invest in Digital Gold?
Buying digital gold offers several benefits over buying physical gold. That’s why smart investors today prefer to invest in digital gold. Given below are the top 5 reasons to invest in digital gold.
1. Complete peace of mind
When you buy physical gold, there are always concerns about its purity, safety, and price. But the digital gold comes with an assurance of 24K gold with 99.9% purity.
Secondly, when you buy physical gold, several risks are associated as the physical gold may be lost or stolen. However, digital gold is kept securely in the digital vaults, which are 100% safe and secure. The investor does not have to pay any amount to keep his gold secured in these vaults.
Also, when it comes to price, the price of physical gold varies a bit from city to city and state to state. However, the prices of digital gold are uniform across the country. This way, an investor gets complete peace of mind while investing in digital gold.
2. One can make small investments
When you buy physical gold, you need to make a significant investment to buy even a small amount of gold. This takes gold investment out of the reach of small investors.
But in the case of digital gold, one can make small investments, as low as INR 100, and buy gold worth that amount. This way, even small investors, who cannot afford to make huge investments, can fulfill their desire to invest in the yellow metal.
3. Easy and quick redemption
When you buy physical gold from a jeweler, you need to visit the same jeweler to get the best price for your gold. Despite this, the jeweler will take back your gold at a price lower than the live market price for that day. And in case you visit some other jeweler, this deduction will be even more. This way, the selling of physical gold is never profitable.
But in the case of digital gold, since the trading happens online, the entire process is very transparent. Whenever you decide to sell your gold, you don’t have to search for a buyer. The trading company, through which you have taken the digital gold, buys your gold at the live market price and deposits the money in your account immediately after deducting the transaction fee, which is a tiny amount. This way, the selling of digital gold offers better returns and is easy and quick compared to selling physical gold.
If you don’t want to sell your gold but want to convert that into physical gold, this is also very easy. You can again visit the trading company and request them to convert your digital gold into physical gold. You may choose to get the gold in the form of coins, bars, or bullions. For a small delivery fee, the company can even deliver the physical gold to your doorstep.
4. Track investment easily and regularly
Since digital gold is traded openly on the commodities exchange, it is easy for an investor to track its performance. Several mobile apps and websites are available which show the value of their investment on a real-time basis. This helps the investors track their investment and gain insights into the trading. Also, the investor can take advantage of price movements and buy and sell gold easily as per the market conditions.
5. Contactless and hygienic
Buying physical gold involves the risk of a virus, as it passes through many hands. Given the current pandemic scare, many investors are wary of the spread of the Covid virus through physical gold. But in the case of digital gold, there is no physical movement of gold; there are no chances of contracting the virus. Hence it is safe. This way, digital gold is not only profitable but medically safe as well.
Investing in Digital Gold with OroPocket
OroPocket offers its customers a 100% asset-backed banking facility. The benefit of dealing with OroPocket is that unlike traditional banks there are no hidden charges. There are various platforms that offer storage fees and insurance charges, which are not there in the case of OroPocket. The overall transaction is carried out in a quick and transparent manner.
Investing in digital gold with OroPocket has several high-grade benefits. Some of these benefits are listed below:
- With OroPocket, the entire process of investing is very simple. One just needs to create a free account on the OroPocket mobile app. As soon as the KYC is completed, you are all good to start investing.
- With OroPocket, one can buy digital gold even in fractional amounts. The minimum possible investment with OroPocket is Rs 1.
- The digital gold that you invest in OroPocket comes with an assurance of 99.9% pure 24 Karat gold. Hence, the investor gets to invest in gold of the highest purity.
- There are no hidden charges in OroPocket. The only fee charged is the transaction fee on buying and selling, which is flat 0.25% of the transaction value.
- OroPocket makes use of a Blockchain-based platform. This helps record all transactions and makes it easier for the investors to independently verify the integrity of their investments.
- OroPocket keeps the physical gold in a safe and secure manner in digital vaults located in UK, Switzerland, Singapore, and India. These vaults are 100% safe, secure, and insured.
- The company allows its vaults to be audited by third parties on a daily basis. Thus the investors get an assurance of physical backing of assets on a 1:1 basis.
- OroPocket makes the investment in your name. Hence, the assets belong to you. So, even if the company goes under, your assets are safe.
- OroPocket is very customer-focused. Hence, whenever you have a query, you can contact us open 24/7 through mail or chat. Not only this, OroPocket allows investors to track their holdings in real-time using the OroPocket app.
In modern times, given the various benefits, people are more interested to invest their money in buying digital gold compared to buying physical gold. The government’s restrictions on holding physical gold beyond a specific limit have further prompted people to invest in digital gold.
When it comes to choosing the best platform to buy digital gold, there are many options. But owing to its customer-friendly policies, OroPocket has become the preferred choice of smart investors. It offers complete transparency in its dealings. The transaction with OroPocket is seamless and error-free. Looking at all the benefits, one can safely say that in this fast-changing world, investing digitally with OroPocket is undoubted, the smartest choice!