Do you know the different types of asset classes prior to investing? As we all know, there is three asset class? You have mainly fixed income, also known as bonds, equities commonly called as stocks, and money market or cash equivalent. These three are an old class of the assets. Newly added are commodities, cryptocurrency, financial derivatives, futures, and real estate. In general, the asset class is a group of investors with specific laws and regulations. The instrument considered as an asset class function similarly in every market place. It is the best option to generate short- and long-term extra income.
Being an investor, one must remember these sets of asset classes are both intangible and tangible instruments. Make sure you are also well equipped with the terms and definitions of these asset classes. It is one of the best options to diversify your portfolio as an investor.
Here is the list of different asset classes/Instruments to help you understand before investing.
- Equities (stocks)- It is a shareholder’s stake in the company.
- Bonds– Bonds are units of corporate debt issued by companies and securitized as tradeable assets
- Money Market Accounts– A money market account is an interest-bearing account at a bank or credit union
- Futures– Futures are financial derivative contracts that obligate the parties to transact an asset at a predetermined future date and price.
- Commodities– Commodities are most often used as inputs in the production of other goods or services. Investors and traders can buy and sell products directly in the spot (cash) market or via derivatives such as futures and options.
- Cryptocurrency– A cryptocurrency is a digital or virtual currency designed to work as a medium of exchange. It uses cryptography to secure and verify transactions as well as to control the creation of new units of a particular cryptocurrency.
- Financial derivatives– A derivative is a financial contract that derives its value from an underlying asset. The buyer agrees to purchase the asset on a specific date at a specific price.
- Digital Gold & Digital Silver – They are backed by real assets in a 1:1 ratio. Nowadays there are plenty of platforms, through which you can invest in digital gold and silver.
- Real estate– Real estate is a tangible asset and a type of real property
Steps required to invest in different instruments
- To search for the right financial advisor or digital platform.
- Get to know about types of asset classes and diversification. Diversify your investment according to the risk you can bear.
- Study a suitable asset class. And note down your investment plan.
- There are two types of investment short term and long term.
- Select the asset class that is more suitable to you and invest in it after consulting with your financial advisor.
- You can select a range of asset classes, including-valuable inventory, crowdsourcing, artwork, tradable collections, stamps, real estate, equities, bonds, cash, fixed income securities, hedge fund, Digital assets like digital gold/digital silver and venture capitals.
When you are investing in remember you are putting your hard money. There are investment strategies like value, growth, extra income, the performance of an investment over time, earnings per investment, and such other. Investment in one asset will give you the same result. But the diversified investment will help you to earn variable cash flow.
It is better you categorize your investment options as per the set of priorities. Your investment ensures its return potential with time and the right buyer. These instruments perform differently with changing times. Being an investor, you shall not expect the same performance from it.
Do check out OroPocket YouTube Channel for latest video and update: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0P-Weto2bGBXq2rGUAefw
Check out our previous blogs and announcement https://blog.oropocket.com